How To Apply
The selection process is subject to rules and
regulations issued/mailed by General Manager, SECR Bilaspur and Ministry of
Railway’s (Railway Board, Government of India) which includes reservation of
jobs for certain castes/communities such as Scheduled caste (SC), Schedule
Tribes (ST), Other Backward Class (OBC) etc.
Employment Notifications calling for applications from eligible candidates is published in News papers of Zonal jurisdictions of SEC Railway. Indicative notifications for the same are also published in the Employment news and two national dailies.
The time period given to apply in response to notifications is not less than 30 days. The applications received in the time period prescribed are scrutinized with reference to criteria published in the notification.
Selection procedure involves two levels of tests.
The first level is Written Examination for which the schedule is published in News papers and employment news. Eligible candidates are informed of their date and centre of their examination by call letters.
Successful candidates are then subjected to the second level test for Physical Efficiency Test(PET) as per criteria given in the Employment Notification, subject to modification by Ministry of Railways. Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is qualifying in nature. Its criteria are as under:
Male: To run a distance of 1000 mtrs in 4 Minutes 30 SEC in one chance.
Female: To run a distance of 400 mtrs in 3 Minutes 15 SEC in one chance.
Candidates declared successful in PET will then be called for document verification and medical examination.
Final panel is would formed as per merit, requirement applying reservation policies and preference given by the candidate.
- Read the Employment Notice and the instructions contained therein carefully.
- Check, whether if you satisfy all the requirements of qualification, age, caste,
vision etc., as required for the post in question.
- Please ensure that the application form exactly matches the proforma given in
the Employment Notice. Use only a good quality paper of A-4 size for the
- Fill up each column of the application form neatly, clearly and legibly, as per
the given instructions.
- Check, whether the attested copies of all the relevant certificates/documents
have been attached with the form.
- Fill up the application form only in your own handwriting.
- Submit only one application for one post, as required in the Employment Notice.
- Do not forget to enclose the POSTAL ORDER/DEMAND DRAFT of the requisite amount,
- Check, whether you have addressed your application- to the correct RRC.
- Check, whether your debarred period has expired on the crucial date, if you have
been debar from by any RRC from appearing in the RRC exams.
- Check whether your application form is complete in all respects so that it is
not summarily rejected by the RRC.
- Visit our website www.rrcbilaspur.org to know the status of your application and
- Reach the venue of the examination in time with the call letter issued by this
- Read the instructions printed on the call letter and ensure the compliance
- Paste only a recent passport size photograph on the upper portion of call letter
which should matche the one pasted on your application form.
- The candidate should send the application duly filled in, along with required
documents by ORDINARY POST ONLY. Forms sent through speed post
/courier/registered post (with or without AD) will not be acknowledged.
- Do not submit more than one application for the same post.
- Never misuse the free traveling authority issued with the call letter.
- Do not attempt impersonation in the examination, as it will not only lead to the
cancellation of your candidature, but also debarring you for life time from
appearing in all the RRCs examinations.
- Do not carry the prohibited articles, such as, Mobile phone, calculator and
books etc in the examination center.
- Do not hazard with guess while answering the questions as there will be negative
marking for each wrong answer.
- Do not give more than one answer to a question, as that will be treated as a
- Do not ticks mark the answers in the question booklet.
- Do not attempt away any unfair means in the examination.
- Do not take along the original/duplicate answer sheet or the question book as
that will entail a criminal action against you, apart from cancellation of your
- Do not leave the examination hall till you are permitted to do so.